Government Approves National Recruitment Agency
Now, yesterday (19th August 2020), the government come with a formal announcement of setting up of National
Recruitment Agency which will conduct Common Eligibility Test (CET) to replace multiple
examinations for recruitment to Central Government Jobs Examination to be held in 12 Indian languages.
Union Cabinet approves setting up of ‘National Recruitment Agency’ to conduct Common Eligibility Test. This decision will benefit job seeking youth of the country: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar pic.twitter.com/oSbo1sIAus
— ANI (@ANI) August 19, 2020
At present, candidates seeking government jobs have to appear for separate examinations conducted by multiple recruiting
agencies for various posts.
appearing in various exams.
Approximately 1.25 lakh government jobs are advertised every year for which 2.5 crore job aspirants appear in various examinations.
common eligibility Test would enable these candidates to appear once and apply to any or all of these recruitment agencies for the higher level of examination
Modi Government Made Bold Decision
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has expressed happiness in his tweet over setting up of National Recruitment Agency.
The #NationalRecruitmentAgency will prove to be a boon for crores of youngsters. Through the Common Eligibility Test, it will eliminate multiple tests and save precious time as well as resources. This will also be a big boost to transparency. https://t.co/FbCLAUrYmX
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 19, 2020
Modi Government has taken may initiatives related to Government Jobs administration since his government came into power in 2014 and again re-elected in 2019.
Now setting of National Recruitment Agency (NRA) for the common recruitment examination for almost all non-gazetted government jobs in Central Government, the government has achieve one more feather in its cap.
The Proposed feature of the CET by NRA
- The Common Eligibility Test will be held twice a year.
- There will be different CETs for Graduate level, 12th Pass level, and 10th pass level to facilitate recruitment
to vacancies at various levels.
- The CET will be conducted in 12 major Indian languages. This is a major change, as hitherto
examinations for recruitment to Central Government jobs were held only in English and Hindi.
- To begin with, CET will cover recruitments made by three agencies: viz. Staff Selection Commission (SSC),
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). This will be expanded in a
- CET will be held in 1000 centers across India in a bid to remove the currently prevalent urban bias. There
will be an examination center in every district of the country. There will be a special thrust on creating
examination infrastructure in the 117 aspirational districts.
- CET will be a first level test to shortlist candidates and the score will be valid for three years.
- There shall be no restriction on the number of attempts to be taken by a candidate to appear in the CET subject to the upper age limit. Age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates as per existing rules will apply.
Advantages for Government Job Seekers
- Removes the hassle of appearing in multiple examinations.
- Single examination fees would reduce the financial burden that multiple exams imposed.
- Since exams will be held in every district, it would substantially save travel and lodging costs for the
- Examination in their own district would encourage more and more women candidates also to
apply for government jobs.
- Applicants are required to register on a single Registration portal.
No need to worry about the clashing of examination dates.
Advantages for Institutions
- Removes the hassle of conducting preliminary / screening tests of candidates.
- Drastically reduces the recruitment cycle.
Brings standardization in the examination pattern.
Reduces costs for different recruiting agencies. Rs 600 crore savings expected.
Setup of National Recruitment Agency (NRA)
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be a Society registered under the Societies Registration Act.
headed by a Chairman of the rank of the Secretary to the Government of India. It will have representatives
of the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB & IBPS.
The government has sanctioned a sum of ₹1517.57 crores for the National Recruitment Agency (NRA). The
expenditure will be undertaken over a period of three years.
It is envisioned that the NRA would be a
specialist body bringing the state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central
Hot Keyword: Sarkari Result, SarkariResult, Sarkari-Result, SarkariResultAlert,Sarkari-Result-Alert,Upcoming Jobs, Government Jobs,Latest news, State Government Jobs, Central Government Jobs, Government Jobs, Govt.Jobs,SarkariResultAlert.net
– Government Approves National Recruitment Agency by Sarkari Result Alert
-#Government #Approves #National #Recruitment #Agency